A Special Welcome to Families with Children
It’s so great you’re here! Christ Church is a welcoming place for families to develop a relationship with God together. We strive to be a spiritually nourishing place for people of all ages. And in a time in which many people live quite a distance from their extended families, we hope to serve as grandparents, aunties, uncles, sisters and brothers in the faith, sharing our love of God with one another.
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Children are a gift from God. Jesus welcomed the little children, and so do we! We can abide with a little ‘joyful noise’ at Christ Church. We are excited you’re here and believe children’s voices are the sound of new life in church.
- We understand that children do not instantly know how to take part in worship, and we also acknowledge that things have changed a lot since most adults were children in church. Maybe when you were a kid you were expected to be mini adults or to be seen and not heard. We don’t feel that way here. We want to help both parents and their children feel welcome and affirmed just as they are, whether they’re seasoned churchgoers or first time visitors.
- Children learn how to fully participate in worship at Christ Church. We provide special support for children up through the 5th grade through the Kid Friendly space up front (available at both 8:30 and 10:30) and through Children’s Chapel during the 10:30 service.
- An orientation is required before families can use the Kid Friendly space. (Just come 30 minutes early to church any Sunday and find our priest, who will give you the orientation)
- Visiting children are always welcome to go to Children’s Chapel with or without their parents. No orientation required! Just follow the cross with the ribbons after the collect of the day.
- If you’re new to Christ Church, please sign our guest card to receive our weekly eNews, and make note if you’d like to also receive special family emails. The guest card can be dropped in the offering plate or given to one of the greeters.
- After church, come meet others at social hour! There is a ping pong table and a bean toss game in our parish hall as well as a kid’s room for kids’ socializing.